Saturday 19 March 2011

Besides which you see, I have confidence in me!

So here I am, starting a new 'chapter in my life' as it were.

Moving to London was never going to be an easy task, but now I am here... I feel so small. So utterly insignificant and minute. 8% unemployment, housing/rent prices sky rocketing, companies closing up shop left, right and centre. How the hell did I think I can survive?


Standing in the hustle and bustle of London, nobody looks twice at you. No one even looks at you. It's such a strange city from where I was before. I had pictured a different scenario in my head. This is what I wanted, what I had always dreamed of.

Why am I so scared?

To the world you try and make it look so easy but really it's one of the hardest things I think I will/have ever do/done. I honestly don't know how tomorrow will end.

I wish life was one giant musical. I admit... I am slightly obsessed with the theatre as it is but songs can say what millions of words can't.

What I hope to share on this blog is something I have never truly told anyone. Any situation I am put in, any experience I go through, I can always relate back to a song. More often than not, a song in a musical. I guess Shakespeare was right that all the world's a stage.

So what was the first thing that popped into my head as I stood there feeling extremely sorry for myself in the middle of London? The incomparable Julie Andrews of course!






WAKE UP! 
Of course I can do this. I've already saved for 9 months, packed up my entire life and made the jump. Why should I let a tiny bit of doubt make me question all of that?

Watch out London!

No comments:

Post a Comment